Ways You Can Help
The Malibu community has a proud history of stepping up during difficult times to help those most in need. Below are opportunities available for the community to help others during the COVID-19 crisis.
- The State of California launched www.CaliforniansForAll.CA.gov to organize volunteer work, connecting California volunteers with local opportunities. All healthy Californians are asked to step up and help make a difference safely in their community, by visiting the new website, signing up, and selecting from a list of volunteer interests. The State is working with a coalition of local agencies and non-profit organizations to connect volunteers with local opportunities, such as working at food banks, delivering meals, calling seniors, or acting as a 211 operator.
- The Malibu Foundation - Help run errands for and deliver food and essentials to seniors in our community. www.TheMalibuFoundation.org/CV19
- California Community Foundation - Support the Foundation’s COVID-19 LA County Response Fund that addresses community needs identified by partners in health, housing, education, and immigration. www.CalFund.org/COVID-19
- Food Banks - Food banks are always looking for volunteers to help pack and sort food. They always take precautions to prioritize volunteer safety. www.CAfoodbanks.org
- Boys and Girls Club of Malibu (BGCM) - The BGCM and Waveside Church have partnered to provide FREE, non-perishable food pantry items and supplies to Malibu’s Senior Citizens and most vulnerable families. Your financial donation will help fund those efforts. https://BGCMalibu.org
- Malibu Foundation - Created to support the community after the Woolsey Fire, the Foundation is now working with Mighty UnderDogs (MUD) to run errands for and deliver food and essentials to Malibu’s seniors during the COVID-19 crisis. Support those efforts at www.TheMalibuFoundation.org
- Philanthropy California - Before you donate, be sure you’ are giving to a trusted non-profit organization by visiting www.PhilanthropyCA.org.
- United Way - Give to the United Way LA Pandemic Relief Fund PandemicRelief.UnitedWayLA.org
To support the State’s efforts to combat COVID-19, companies and individuals can contribute medical supplies and other critical resources, either for donation or purchase.: COVID19Supplies.CA.gov
- Donate Medical Supplies - Los Angeles County Department of Health Services has identified three drop off locations for individuals and businesses to donate supplies.
- Donate Blood - The American Red Cross is always in need of blood donations. To find a donation site and make an appointment or to volunteer at a local blood drive, visit www.RedCrossBlood.org.
- How to Help - FEMA has information on how both the public and private sector can help during the crisis.