2021 Virtual Student Art Exhibit
The City of Malibu Community Services Department and the Harry Barovsky Memorial Youth Commission invite local students to participate in the 2021 Virtual Student Art Exhibit, taking place from February 1 through February 28.
Parents may submit their child's work at StudentArtExhibit.ArtCall.org from January 4 to January 22. Submissions must include an application, a JPEG photograph of the artwork, or a PDF of literary work, or original film, or performance video.
REQUIREMENTS ON ARTCALL.ORG
- Submit all materials by January 22
- Complete and sign the Malibu Student Art Exhibit online application
- Read and agree to the terms of the City of Malibu’s Artwork License and Release Form
- Upload a photograph of your artwork (guidelines below)
- One submission per student
- Photograph artwork parallel to the camera with no shadows or glares
- Photograph must be 1,500px, the standard resolutions from a smart phone are adequate quality
Film and Performance
- Email the film or recording via DropBox to AFiori@MalibuCity.org include artist name and phone number
- Or Email AFiori@MalibuCity.org for a DropBox link
- Photograph the sculpture at eye level and try to eliminate shadows
- City staff will remove the background of the picture
- Submit a PDF document on StudentArtExhibit.ArtCall.org
Contact Community Services staff at 310-317-1364 if you have any questions or issues uploading the documents.
The link to the online art exhibition will be posted at MalibuCity.org/VirtualRec and MalibuCity.org/StudentArtExhibit and MalibuArtsandCulture.org on February 1, 2021.
CO-SPONSORED BY THE HARRY BAROVSKY MEMORIAL YOUTH COMMISSION
In the past, the City has showcased artwork created by young artists from Malibu schools and local art studios at the Malibu City Hall art gallery. Due to restrictions related to gatherings and the gallery's closure, the City will display student's artwork through an online gallery platform.