- Resources - Businesses
Resources - Businesses
Valuable information and resources for local businesses and employers impacted by COVID-19 and government orders, including financial support services.
Federal Aid - SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (SBA)
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) is a federal loan for small businesses that keep their workers on the payroll. Beginning July 6, the PPP program is reopened for new applications with a newly extended deadline of August 8, 2020. For more information on PPP, visit the Small Business Administration (SBA) website at SBA.gov/PPP where you can also search for a list of participating PPP lenders in Malibu.
- The US Small Business Administration (SBA) offers low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital. For more information, contact the SBA Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 or DisasterCustomerService@SBA.gov.
- US Congressman Ted Lieu is offering assistance to small businesses that have already submitted loan applications but have not yet heard back. Those businesses can fill out an online form and submit it to his office via email. A caseworker in his office will be assigned to investigate the application status of all forms received.
STATE & COUNTY ASSISTANCE
- The LA County Department of Public Health (DPH) is offering the COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate Program (CSCCP), a no-cost, online training program to help educate and train business owners on the implementation of the County's COVID-19 safety protocols. The training will soon be available in 13 languages. After completing the training, businesses receive a COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate that can be posted on storefronts informing consumers the business has completed essential training to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- The LA Regional COVID-19 Recovery Fund has been established by the County and City of Los Angeles, in partnership with institutional and corporate philanthropy, to provide support for micro-entrepreneurs, small businesses, and non-profits across LA County. Grants up to $5,000 are available to micro-entrepreneurs and $15,000 for small businesses and nonprofits .Learn more and apply online at www.LACovidFund.org or call 833-238-4451.
- The California Governor’s Office of Business & Economic Development has a website for businesses impacted by COVID-19 at Business.CA.gov/Coronavirus-2019..
- The Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC) offers one-on-one consultation regarding non-traditional loans for impacted businesses, capital and tax incentives, and cost containment strategies to maintain operations and avoid layoffs. Email LAEDC at COVID19Response@LAEDC.org.
- Los Angeles County Rapid Response offers services for businesses and their workers impacted by layoffs. Connect with benefits, unemployment insurance, and other services by emailing BizDev@WDACS.LACounty.gov.
- California’s Work Sharing Program provides an alternative to layoffs for businesses with reduced work or production. Visit EDD.ca.gov/Unemployment/Work_Sharing_Program.htm
- The California Dept of Insurance strongly recommends that businesses review their business interruption insurance policies and contact their insurance companies to determine what their policies cover with regard to loss of business income due to recent orders suspending business operations. If your commercial insurance claim was denied, request an investigation at Insurance.CA.gov/01-Consumers/101-help.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & RESOURCES
- SBA automatic deferments through December 31, 2020 for borrowers still paying back SBA loans from previous disasters.
- FREE, live daily webinar and Q&A on the Economic Injury Disaster Loan and Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Monday through Friday at 3:00 PM. Hosted by California’s Small Business Development Centers Register online.
- The County of Los Angeles enacted an emergency moratorium on residential and commercial evictions through March 31. Tenants will have until November 2020 to pay for any rent owed.
- Business & Worker Disaster Help Center- FREE, one-on-one counseling and support for business owners, non-profits, and workers impacted by the COVID-19 crisis, jointly operated by the LA County Departments of Consumer and Business Affairs (DCBA) and Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services (WDACS).
- Los Angeles County Auditor-Controller: Call 213-974-8301 or email Constituent@Auditor.LACounty.gov for auditor services
- Los Angeles County Treasurer-Tax Collector (TTC) - Review property tax payment methods and online self-service options. Call 213-974-2111 for additional information.
- Los Angeles Economic Development Corp (LAEDC) is available to help businesses, nonprofits and other employers, as well as the LA County workforce respond to the challenges of COVID-19 to keep jobs and businesses going, as well as protect health in the community.
- CDC offers guidance for cleaning and disinfecting your facility