November 2, 2019
23825 Stuart Ranch Road
Malibu, CA 90265
Free - Registration Required
Malibu Smart: Rain Barrel Giveaway
Saturday, November 2, 2019
Upper Parking Lot
West Basin Municipal Water District is offering Malibu residents an alternative way to use water resourcefully. Free rain barrels are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Pre-registration does not guarantee a rain barrel. RSVP
Be sure to bring a vehicle large enough to transport the rain barrel (24" wide x 40" tall; 16 pounds; 55 gallon capacity). Program eligibility and guidelines:
- Must be a Malibu City resident.
- Limit 2 rain barrels per household, while supplies last. This may be reduced, based upon demand.
- Rain barrel must be installed within 30 days, and may be inspected by West Basin and/or the Metropolitan Water District.
- Recipients must email photo(s) of installed rain barrel(s) within 30 days of receiving barrel(s). Email: GusM@westbasin.org.
- The rain barrel must be installed to allow it to receive water unimpeded from a rain gutter.
- Do not block or restrict access to walkways or pathways.
- Elevate rain barrel 6 inches off the ground with a cinder block or other solid foundation.
- Should be secured in place with straps for safety.
- Home must be equipped with rain gutters and downspout(s).
This event is part of Malibu Smart, a comprehensive water conservation program that includes enhanced incentives for water saving devices and free workshops and water surveys. To learn more about the program or to participate, visit MalibuSmart.org