November 2, 2019
23825 Stuart Ranch Road
Malibu, CA 90265
Free - Registration Required
West Basin Municipal Water District is offering Malibu residents an alternative way to use water resourcefully. Free rain barrels are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Pre-registration does not guarantee a rain barrel.
Malibu Smart: Rain Barrel Giveaway
Saturday, November 2, 2019
Upper Parking Lot
Be sure to bring a vehicle large enough to transport the rain barrel (24" wide x 40" tall; 16 pounds; 55 gallon capacity). Program eligibility and guidelines:
- Must be a Malibu City resident.
- Limit 2 rain barrels per household, while supplies last. This may be reduced, based upon demand.
- Rain barrel must be installed within 30 days, and may be inspected by West Basin and/or the Metropolitan Water District.
- Recipients must email photo(s) of installed rain barrel(s) within 30 days of receiving barrel(s). Email: GusM@westbasin.org.
- The rain barrel must be installed to allow it to receive water unimpeded from a rain gutter.
- Do not block or restrict access to walkways or pathways.
- Elevate rain barrel 6 inches off the ground with a cinder block or other solid foundation.
- Should be secured in place with straps for safety.
- Home must be equipped with rain gutters and downspout(s).
This event is part of Malibu Smart, a comprehensive water conservation program that includes enhanced incentives for water saving devices and free workshops and water surveys. To learn more about the program or to participate, visit MalibuSmart.org