September 17, 2020
City staff will teach a class about how to prepare of an earthquake and the potential hazard at exist in the home only for an earthquake. Suggestions on how to mitigate these hazards, and how to prepare for an earthquake will be provided.
Earthquake Preparedness and Home Hazards Class
Thursday, September 17, 2020
As part of National Preparedness Month, the community is encouraged to attend a class about earthquake preparedness and the unique earthquake hazards that may exisit in the home. Taught by City Staff.
View Meeting Presentation
National Preparedness Month
September is National Preparedness Month, and the Public Safety Office is hosting numerous events to encourage the public to get prepared:
- Tuesday, September 1, 6:00 PM - Sheltering During COVID-19
- Thursday, September 3, 6:00 PM - New Evacuation Zones
- Thursday, September 10, 6:00 PM - Disaster Plans and Emergency Kits
- Thursday, September 17, 6:00 PM - Earthquake Preparedness and Home Hazards
- Tuesday, September 22, 6:00 PM - Community Fire Season Briefing
- Wednesday, September 23, 6:00 PM - New Evacuation Zones
- Thursday, September 24, 6:00 PM - Home Ignition Zone Seminar
- Monday, September 28, 6:00 PM - Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS)
- Wednesday, September 30, 6:00 PM - Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all trainings, seminars, and briefings will be held online.