With Steadily Improving COVID-19 Conditions, State and County Reopenings, and New State Workplace Rules, Malibu City Hall is open to the Public starting June 28. public Counter hours starting june 29
OPEN HOURS: MONDAY - THURSDAY, 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM. FRIDAYS 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
FACEMASK REQUIRED WHILE INSIDE
With more than half the population of Los Angeles County vaccinated, county and statewide COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths falling to their lowest levels since the start of the pandemic, and new statewide workplace safety rules adopted June 17, the City of Malibu will open City Hall to the public at noon on Monday, June 28, 2021. Public counter hours start June 29.
“City Hall is more than just a building, it is an important community gathering place, and a vital hub where community members can participate in public meetings, events and programs, conduct important business, ask questions from and share ideas, concerns and feedback with City leaders and staff who serve the community,” said Mayor Paul Grisanti. “It is a great symbol of our progress in fighting the pandemic and returning to our normal lives that it is now safe enough to reopen City Hall for the public, and I can’t wait to see our neighbors and friends there in person after all this time.”
The California Department of Public Health and the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (CalOSHA) have provided new workplace rules for organizations statewide, which apply to Malibu City Hall. Public meetings will continue to be virtual until further notice, while plans, budgets and logistics are being examined for how and when to resume in-person public meetings or some hybrid form of virtual/in-person public meetings. Any decision will prioritize public safety and public accessibility and participation.
FACEMASKS REQUIRED WHILE INSIDE: While the pandemic metrics are steadily improving, there are still people in the community who may not want to or be able to get vaccinated for various reasons, and are therefore still vulnerable to COVID-19. There are also still more contagious coronavirus variants active in Southern California, and COVID-19 continues to spread and be a public health threat for many communities in the United States and in many countries abroad. Therefore, out of an abundance of caution, unvaccinated staff will be asked to continue to wear facemasks in City Hall, and the public will be required to wear facemasks while inside City Hall (and any other indoor City facility or facility being used by the City), regardless of vaccination status. Any changes to these health and safety requirements will be announced to the community.
COME TO CITY HALL ANYTIME, OR MAKE AN APPOINTMENT: Members of the public may come to City Hall without an appointment. Visitors must wear facemasks while inside. Appointments can be made online at www.MalibuCity.org/appointments or by phone at 310-456-2489.
PUBLIC COUNTER HOURS STARTING JUNE 29
With the re-opening of City Hall, the City will offer public counter hours starting June 29. To schedule appointments, visit the webpage or call 310-456-2489.
ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY DEPARTMENT
- Permits: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM -12:00 PM, and 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM for walk-ins and appointments. Other times by appointment only.
- Building Plan Check: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:00 AM -12:00 PM, walk-ins and appointments. Other times by appointment only.
- Environmental Health: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:00 AM -12:00 PM, walk-ins and appointments. Other times by appointment only.
- Geology/Coastal: Monday and Wednesday 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM, walk-ins and appointments. Other times by appointment only.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
- Tuesday and Thursday, 8:00 AM -12:00 PM, walk-ins and appointments. Other times by appointment only.
- Public Counter: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM, and 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM for walk-ins and appointments. Other times by appointment only.
- Biology Counter: Tuesdays, 9:00 AM -11:00 AM. Other times by appointment only.