What can the City do about animal noise complaints?
Excessive animal noise is regulated by California Penal Code Section 373A, Los Angeles County Code Title 10, Section 10.40.010D, and Malibu Municipal Code Section 8.24.050.J. If you have a problem with a neighbor's barking dog, it is recommended that you first speak with your neighbor about the problem. It is possible that the neighbor is not aware of the problem.

If you are unable to resolve the problem with your neighbor, you may submit an Animal Noise Complaint form with Los Angeles County Animal Care and Control at AnimalCare.LAcounty.gov.

Show All Answers

1. What is the process once a complaint is submitted?
2. How do I submit a septic system complaint?
3. Are building permits always required?
4. What are the construction hours allowed in the City of Malibu?
5. What are the beach ordinances in Malibu?
6. What are the rules regarding habitable trailers on a property?
7. What are the laws related to abandoned and non-operative vehicles?
8. What can the City do about animal noise complaints?