How do I become a registered voter in Malibu?

Any person who is at least 18 years of age on Election Day, a citizen of the United States, or a naturalized citizen, and a resident of the City of Malibu can register to vote with the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk by filling out a Voter Registration Form. If you move, change your name, or wish to change your political party affiliation, you must re-register to vote. You must be registered to vote at least 15 days before an election to be eligible to vote in that election. (NOTE: AB 1436 may allow registration up to and including the date of election if certain requirements are met.) Registration Forms are available at Malibu City Hall, all US Post Offices, or online at

Show All Answers

1. How do I become a registered voter in Malibu?
2. What are the eligibility requirements to run for Malibu City Council?
3. Is there a filing fee involved for my candidacy?
4. Is there a fee for my candidate's statement?
5. Who can sign my nomination paper?
6. What if some of the signatures I obtain on my nomination paper are not registered voters or do not live within the City limits?
7. Who is responsible for conducting Malibu General Municipal Elections?
8. Where can I obtain information on elections?
9. What happens if I change my mind about running for office after filing the nomination paper?
10. May I change or correct the wording or spelling on my candidate's statement after submission?
11. If I submit a voluntary candidate's statement and I change my mind, may I withdraw the statement?
12. Can someone deliver my nomination paper to the City Clerk for me?
13. How often does the City Council meet?
14. Is the City Council position paid?