What are some resources to keep informed?
  • Visit the Storm Preparation Information webpage for how you can prepare for rain and associated debris flows and mudslides,
  • Sign up for the City E-notifications to receive alerts (Emergency, Traffic, Utility, etc.) and information notifications (select the Woolsey category for information specific to the recovery and rebuilding) by email and/or text.
  •  Visit LACounty.gov/Recovery for information on mental health services, insurance tips, tax relief, and more.
  •  Monitor www.MalibuRebuilds.org and follow the City on social media: (@CityofMalibu on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) to get the latest updates, forms, and other information about rebuilding and recovery.
  • Contact your insurance company to confirm coverage. Be sure to ask your provider if you have coverage for any code-related upgrades that may be required, including those related to seismic safety and fire safety. Not all policies provide coverage for reconstructing up to current building codes.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find existing permits for my destroyed or damaged structures?
2. What steps toward rebuilding can I take now?
3. How do I request a fee waiver or fee refund for a fire rebuild?
4. When is the deadline to apply to rebuild?
5. Am I able to stay on my property while I process an application to rebuild?
6. If I choose to rebuild or repair my home, what kind of permits will I need?
7. Do I need a permit to install erosion control devices for storm preparation?
8. Can I use any remaining structural elements?
9. What if I have no plans to rebuild?
10. If I sell my property, is the new owner able to take advantage of the expedited processes and exemptions?
11. What are the property rights if a Woolsey affected property is sold?
12. What if I have charred landscaping but no structural damage?
13. Am I able to install temporary fencing to secure my property?
14. What are some resources to keep informed?