How do I find existing permits for my destroyed or damaged structures?

To review and approve expedited rebuild applications, staff will need to determine what was legally on the property previously through the review of any available documentation. Records can come from a variety of sources, including but not limited to: previously issued coastal development permits, building permits, approved plans, tax assessor information, and aerial photographs. The City understands that some people may have lost records and plans in the fire. Staff is ready to help guide your research, help you complete any City public records request forms, and work with you on deciphering other types of documentation. A combination of sources may be used for permit research in order to establish building square footage, siting, height, number of bedrooms, and number of plumbing fixtures. For information on public records, visit or access printer-friendly instructions for searching OnBase.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find existing permits for my destroyed or damaged structures?
2. What steps toward rebuilding can I take now?
3. How do I request a fee waiver or fee refund for a fire rebuild?
4. When is the deadline to apply to rebuild?
5. Am I able to stay on my property while I process an application to rebuild?
6. If I choose to rebuild or repair my home, what kind of permits will I need?
7. Do I need a permit to install erosion control devices for storm preparation?
8. Can I use any remaining structural elements?
9. What if I have no plans to rebuild?
10. If I sell my property, is the new owner able to take advantage of the expedited processes and exemptions?
11. What are the property rights if a Woolsey affected property is sold?
12. What if I have charred landscaping but no structural damage?
13. Am I able to install temporary fencing to secure my property?
14. What are some resources to keep informed?