Am I able to stay on my property while I process an application to rebuild?

A temporary, owner-occupied trailer or mobile home may be placed onsite if permits are obtained with certain conditions of approval. Debris clearance must be completed and a City-registered OWTS practitioner must verify that there is a functioning onsite wastewater treatment system (OWTS, also known as a septic system) before permits may be issued. A Temporary Housing Brochure and Application, as well as other information, can be found at

Show All Answers

1. How do I find existing permits for my destroyed or damaged structures?
2. What steps toward rebuilding can I take now?
3. How do I request a fee waiver or fee refund for a fire rebuild?
4. When is the deadline to apply to rebuild?
5. Am I able to stay on my property while I process an application to rebuild?
6. If I choose to rebuild or repair my home, what kind of permits will I need?
7. Do I need a permit to install erosion control devices for storm preparation?
8. Can I use any remaining structural elements?
9. What if I opt for a more complex project than the Planning Verification (PV)?
10. What if I have no plans to rebuild?
11. If I sell my property, is the new owner able to take advantage of the expedited processes and exemptions?
12. What are the property rights if a Woolsey affected property is sold?
13. What if I have charred landscaping but no structural damage?
14. Am I able to install temporary fencing to secure my property?
15. What are some resources to keep informed?