Where can I have a wedding in Malibu?
If you want to have a wedding on a public beach (for example, Zuma Beach or Point Dume Beach), you need to obtain a permit from the Los Angeles County Department of Beaches and Harbors. You can contact Beaches and Harbors at 424-526-7880.

If you want to have a wedding on a private beach or if you rent a private residence for your wedding, you will need the permission of the property owner and a Special Event Permit from the city. Contact the Planning Department at 310-456-2489, ext. 353 if you have further questions.

If you would like to hold your wedding at a city-owned park, contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 310-456-2489, ext. 363.

You must have obtain your marriage license prior to the ceremony. Marriage licenses are not issued by the City of Malibu - you must request it from the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk. For more information, including an online application, go to the County Clerk's website.

Show All Answers

1. Am I required to get a permit for a party at my home?
2. Do I need a business license to do business in Malibu?
3. Is the Malibu Pier open?
4. Can I apply for a U.S. passport at City Hall?
5. My neighbor is remodeling, how early may he begin work?
6. I am moving to Malibu - who do I call to hook up utilities?
7. When and where may I drop off oil and similar items for recycling?
8. When is City Hall open?
9. Where can I have a wedding in Malibu?
10. Where can I obtain a Marriage License?
11. Does Malibu Have a Rent Control Law?