Types of Information We Collect:
The information we gather is either information that you voluntarily supply when you register or initiate transactions (for example, your name and address), or information gathered on usage patterns and preferences as visitors navigate the web site, use our services (such as e-mail), or read our e-mail newsletters.
Browser Level Information and IP Addresses:
Our web server automatically collects limited information about your computer configuration when you visit our web site, including the type of browser you use, the operating system you are running, the resolution of your computer monitor, the City of Malibu website that referred you, and your IP address. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers connected to the Internet to identify your computer so that data such as the web pages you want to view can be transmitted to you. We use IP address information for systems administration and trouble-shooting purposes.
We may occasionally release information about our visitors when appropriate to comply with the law, or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors to our sites, the public, our customers, or our government and its employees, agents, partners and affiliates.
Please keep in mind that our communities are public spaces, so don't post anything that you don't want the world to see. Credit card numbers, product keys, and other confidential information, including anything covered under a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), should not be posted to any blogs, discussions, or other public areas.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions:
These Terms and Conditions are an agreement (“Agreement”) between you and the City of Malibu regarding your use of the information, software, products, and services contained in or available through the City of Malibu website. The City of Malibu website is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Your use of the City of Malibu website constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and notices.
This site and some of the articles on this site contain links to other resources and businesses on the internet. Those links are provided as citations and aids to help you identify and locate other internet resources that may be of interest, and are not intended to state or imply that the City of Malibu sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links.
As a condition of your use of the City of Malibu website, you warrant to the City of Malibu that you will not use the City of Malibu website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the City of Malibu website in any manner which would damage, disable, or overburden the City of Malibu website or interfere with any party’s use and enjoyment of the City of Malibu website. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information though any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the City of Malibu website.
The City of Malibu website may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively, “Interactive Modules”). You agree to use the Interactive Modules only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Interactive Module. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using an Interactive Module, you will not:
(a)    Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
(b)    Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
(c)    Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all of the necessary consents
(d)    Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer
(e)    Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Interactive Module specifically allows such messages
(f)    Conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters
(g)    Download any file posted by another user of an Interactive Module that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner
(h)    Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded
(i)   Restrict or inhibit any other user from enjoying and using the Interactive Module
(j)    Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Interactive Module
(k)    Collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent
(l)    Violate any applicable laws or regulationsThe purpose of our interactive modules is to obtain suggestions, ideas, and feedback to benefit our community. Please avoid personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your interactions. Please make sure that your postings are relevant to the subject at hand. It is normal and expected for some topics to drift from the stated subject. However, to ensure maximum benefit for all of our users, we encourage you to keep your postings as close to the subject as possible. Impersonating a government employee or anther user is not allowed. We do not allow behavior or content related to illegal activities. Do not post or promote any materials that could SPAM, harm, or disrupt another user’s computer.
You may not link to any sites that violate the terms and conditions above. We reserve the right to ban any participant, at any time that, for conduct that does not comply with these terms and conditions. .
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or others in any Interactive Module. The City of Malibu does not control or endorse the content, messages, or information found in any Interactive Module and, therefore, the City of Malibu specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Interactive Modules and any actions resulting from your participation in any Interactive Module.
Materials uploaded to an Interactive Module may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
You may not link to any sites that violate the terms and conditions above. We reserve the right to ban any participant at any time that we feel does not comply with an appropriate code of conduct.
The City of Malibu is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability or damage related to your use of this site or any site linked to this site, whether from errors or omissions in the content of our site or any other linked sites, from the site being down or from any other use of the site. In short, your use of the site is at your own risk.
The sites are provided on an 'as is' basis without any warranties of any kind, express or implied. This site, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability, title, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and fitness for a particular purpose. This site makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the sites. Without limitation on the foregoing:
- This site does not warrant that the sites will operate error-free or that the sites and their servers are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of the sites results directly or indirectly in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, this site is not responsible for those costs.
- This site makes no representations or guarantees regarding the truthfulness, accuracy, legality, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any documents posted by users, or of any other form of communication engaged in by users. Documents may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. By using the City of Malibu website, you agree that any reliance on documents posted by users, or on any other form of communication with users, will be at your own risk.
- This site makes no representations or guarantees regarding the content of the sites, including, but not limited to, broken links, inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- This site makes no representations or guarantees regarding the effectiveness of the services or timeliness of the services in meeting your employment objectives. This site does not guarantee that the services will result in candidates being hired, positions being filled or employees being retained, and is not responsible or liable for any business, employment, hiring and/or salary decisions, for whatever reason, made by you.
- The information, software, and services included in or available through the City of Malibu website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. The City of Malibu may make improvements and/or changes to the City of Malibu website at any time. Advice received via the City of Malibu website should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions and you should consult a professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
- The City of Malibu makes no representations about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness and accuracy of the information, software, services and related graphics contained on the City of Malibu website for any purpose. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, all such information, software, services, and related graphics are provided “as is” without warranties and conditions of any kind.
Because user authentication on the Internet is difficult, this site cannot and does not confirm that each User is who they claim to be. Because this site does not and cannot be involved in User-to-User dealings or control the behavior of participants on the Sites, you agree, by using this website, to release the City of Malibu from all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with any and all disputes which may arise in connection with the City of Malibu website.
The City of Malibu reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which the City of Malibu website is offered. You understand and agree that your use of the City of Malibu website after the date on which the Terms and Conditions have changed shall be treated as acceptance of the updated Terms and Conditions.