Hotlines and Important Numbers

Life-Threatening Emergencies

For emergencies, such as fires, landslides, and other immediate threats to public safety, call 911.

One Call to City Hall - 24/7 Hotline

one-callTo report non-life threatening emergencies that may require an immediate response, call 310-456-CITY (456-2489) ext. 311. You will be connected to a live operator who will relay your message to the appropriate City staff. During regular business hours, a City Hall receptionist will direct all calls to the appropriate staff.

This hotline can be used to report:

  • Environmental spills, including sewer spills, wastewater spills, and other flows into the storm drain system or onto any public street
  • Pipe breaks, including water mains and gas lines
  • Downed trees
  • Potholes, missing or broken street signs on City streets (not PCH)

For additional details on reporting environmental spills, refer to the Pollution Prevention Hotline webpage.

Water Conservation Violations

Submit a Water Waster Report to notify the City of the excessive use of water, or water being wasted due to broken irrigation pipes, malfunctioning sprinklers, faucets left running, or other practices that may be in violation of water conservation regulations.

Code Enforcement Violations

Call 310-456-2489 ext. 484 to report a possible code enforcement violation.

Short Term Rental Hotline

Residents who are experiencing issues related to a short term rental in their neighborhood may report the problem by calling the City's Short Term Rental Hotline at 805-732-9433. Please be prepared to provide the rental address.

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department

Call 310-456-6652 to reach the Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff's Station for non-emergency situations.

Traffic and Emergency Conditions

Call 310-456-9982 or visit the Alert Center for the latest updates on traffic incidents and emergency conditions. To receive immediate notification of emergency situations, or traffic, utility, weather, beach, or health advisories, sign up for the City's E-Notifications. Enter your email address and, if you wish to receive any or all of the information via text message, enter your cellphone number. Then select the email and/or text options next to those categories in the Alert Center, as well as any of the more than 90 information categories that may be of interest to you.


To ask a question or report a problem with this website, email