With Steadily Improving COVID-19 Conditions, Malibu City Hall has re-opened to the Public
With more than 71% of Los Angeles County residents fully vaccinated, and county COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths at levels low enough to place the county in the Center for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Low Community Risk Tier, Malibu City Hall has re-opened to the public on a limited basis as of February 22, 2022.
Facemasks are no longer required inside, but are strongly recommended, in accordance with the updated Los Angeles County Department of Public Health Officer Order. See details about the Order.
“During the pandemic, any return to normalcy is greatly welcome, so I am very pleased that we can re-open City Hall to the public, especially since it means that fewer people are getting sick from this terrible disease,” said Mayor Paul Grisanti. “City Hall is more than just a building, it is an important community gathering place, where community members conduct business, and ask questions from and share ideas and concerns with City leaders and staff who serve the community. We look forward to seeing you in City Hall.”
Regular City Hall hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM and Fridays 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Members of the public may come to City Hall without an appointment during public counter hours (listed below). An appointment will be needed for in-person assistance during any other hours. Visitors will be asked to remain outside the building until they can be helped by staff. Appointments can be made online at www.MalibuCity.org/appointments.
The California Department of Public Health and the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (CalOSHA) have provided workplace rules for employers statewide, which apply to Malibu City Hall. The City Manager in consultation with department heads and the Public Safety Manager agreed that it is safe enough for staff and the public to re-open City Hall.
Public Counter Hours
- Planning: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, walk-in. All other times by appointment.
- Permit Services: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, walk-in and appointment. Other times by appointment only.
- Building Plan Check: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, walk-in and appointment. Other times by appointment only.
- Environmental Health: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, walk-in and appointment. Other times by appointment only.
- Geology / Coastal Engineering: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, walk-in and appointment. Other times by appointment only.
- Public Works: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
To make virtual appointments with City staff and Departments, please contact:
The City Council voted to resume in-person meetings starting May 9, 2022, and directed all Commissions, Committees and Boards to resume meeting in-person on their first regularly scheduled meeting after May 9.