The Woolsey Fire, which broke out in Chatsworth on the afternoon of Thursday, November 8, and reached Malibu early Friday morning, continues to burn throughout the city. A mandatory evacuation was issued for all of Malibu on Friday, November 9. The following is the latest confirmed information:
UPDATE THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2:00 PM
The following information was confirmed by LA County Fire and other first responder agencies:
- Current estimate - Cal Fire Incident Update
- Mandatory evacuation lifted Thursday, November 15, 2:00 PM for RESIDENTS ONLY (with proper I.D.) in the following sections of Malibu:
- Pacific Coast Hwy from Webb Way (east) to the 25700 block of PCH (east of Corral Cyn Rd)
- From the Pacific Ocean (south) to the Malibu city limit (north)
- Includes Malibu Rd and Malibu Colony neighborhoods
- Exceptions include:
- *Pepperdine University will remain CLOSED
- Puerco Cyn Rd will remain CLOSED north of the hard gate
- Corral Canyon Park and the Malibu Beach RV Park will remain CLOSED
- Malibu Cyn Rd will be CLOSED north of Civic Center Way
All areas west of Corral Cyn Rd (including Corral Cyn Rd) remain under mandatory evacuation.
A heavy presence of LA County Sheriff Deputies remain in Malibu to provide traffic control and prevent looting.
Further updates can be found at lacounty.gov/woolseyfire