NEW/UPDATED REBUILD INFORMATION
New information is constantly being updated by the City and received from various agencies. This information is regularly added to the Woolsey Fire pages on the City website. Below is a summary of new or updated information recently received and posted:
- Phase I HazMat Inspections - updated daily
- Right-of-Entry (ROE) Permit for Residential Debris Removal required to opt-in to the CalRecycle program. Deadline to submit ROE extended to January 28, 2019.
- Guidelines for Swimming Pools Impacted by Fire, Smoke, and Ash
- Ban on Leaf Blowers - English / Spanish bilingual flyer
- LA County Dept of Public Works Debris Removal Program Commonly Asked Questions
- Los Angeles Advisory Notice – Ash and Burn Debris Cleanup and Removal
- Planning Rebuild Bulletin #3 - latest details on the rebuild process from the Planning Department.
- Planning Rebuild FAQ - updated December 14
- Special City Council Meeting - Tuesday, December 18, 3:00 PM, Malibu City Hall. See the Agenda and Staff Report.
- "Meet the Mayor" - meet face-to-face with Mayor Jefferson Wagner and City Manager Reva Feldman to ask questions, voice concerns, share ideas. Thursday, December 20, 10:00 AM.
- Deadline to apply for Woolsey Fire victims to apply for FEMA assistance is January 11, 2019. Learn more at www.DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Deadline to apply for Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Loans is January 11, 2019. Learn more at FEMA.gov/individual-disaster-assistance.
DISASTER RECOVERY CENTER
The Malibu DRC is located in the former Malibu Courthouse (23555 Civic Center Way) with a full staffing of county, state and agencies and non-profit organizations to help fire victims recover and rebuild. FEMA now has more staff on hand and can now process claims on-site. The DRC is open Monday through Saturday, 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM, closed Sundays and Holidays. For more information, including a list of agencies, visit MalibuCity.org/DRC. A second DRC is located at The Hilton Foundation, (30440 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills, CA 91301), with the same open hours and services.
Alerts and Notifications
Information about rebuilding following the fire: MalibuCity.org/Rebuild
Sign up for non-emergency Woolsey Fire e-notifications: MalibuCity.org/WoolseyAlerts
Sign up for emergency, traffic, utility, and weather alerts: MalibuCity.org/News
Sign up for Disaster Notifications (used for evacuations): MalibuCity.org/DisasterNotifications