NEW/UPDATED REBUILD INFORMATION
New information is constantly being updated by the City and received from various agencies. This information is regularly added to the Woolsey Fire pages on the City website. Below is a summary of new or updated information recently received and posted:
NEW WOOLSEY REBUILDS WEBSITE - WWW.MALIBUREBUILDS.ORG
The City launched a separate website to bring together all of the information related to rebuilding and recovering from the Woolsey Fire. The new website is located at www.MalibuRebuilds.org. It includes drop-down menus with sections on Debris Removal, Rebuilding, Storm Preparation, and Resources.
ALL LEAF BLOWERS BANNED WEST OF MALIBU CANYON
To protect public health from potential hazardous materials in the fire debris and ash, the City has banned the use of ALL leaf blowers in City limits west of Malibu Canyon Road effective immediately, through August 1, 2019. Download/print the bilingual flyer.
SON PROHIBIDOS LOS SOPLADORES DE HOJAS AL OESTE DE MALIBU CANYON
Debido a que los escombros y las cenizas del fuego y las estructuras dañadas pueden contener materiales y partículas que son peligrosas para la salud y la seguridad, La Ciudad de Malibu prohíbe el uso de todos tipos de sopladores de hojas dentro del área de la ciudad al oeste de Malibu Canyon Road hasta el límite de la ciudad, con efecto inmediato y hasta el 1º de agosto del 2019.
- Malibu City Hall will close for termite mitigation - Friday, Dec 28, 2:00 PM
- New open hours at Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) - Monday - Saturday, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Updated list of agencies offering services at the Malibu Disaster Recovery Center.
- Phase I HazMat Inspections - updated daily
- Phase II Debris Removal Forms - private (non-CalRecycle) removal:
- Pick up mail at Point Dume Post Office
Starting Monday, Dec. 24, Malibu postal customers can pick up their P.O. Box mail and all other mail held for pick-up at the Point Dume Post Office (29160 Heathercliff Rd., at PCH) Monday through Friday, 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Saturdays 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM. The Point Dume Post Office has been temporarily closed since November 9 due to the Woolsey Fire. Signs are posted at all Malibu Post Offices. Retail services at Point Dume will resume on Monday, Jan. 7, 2019. Customers must bring photo ID to obtain their mail.
- CalOES and FEMA warn residents to be aware of scams - www.OESnews.com/beware-of-post-wildfire-scams/
- Los Angeles County Dept of Consumer & Business Affairs info on protecting yourself from price gouging and other scams - DCBA.LACounty.gov/DisasterReady.
MALIBU CITY HALL
- Friday, Dec 28 Open 7:30 AM to 2:00 PM
- Monday & Tuesday, Dec 31 & Jan 1 Closed
DISASTER RECOVERY CENTER
- Friday, Dec 28, 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Saturday, Dec. 29, 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Monday, Dec 31 Open 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Tuesday, Jan 1 Closed
- New regular open hours: Monday through Saturday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
DISASTER RECOVERY CENTERs
The Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) offer a full staffing of county, state and agencies and non-profit organizations to help fire victims recover and rebuild.
Open Monday through Saturday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Malibu DRC: at the former Malibu Courthouse (23555 Civic Center Way)
Agoura Hills DRC: The Hilton Foundation, (30440 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills, CA 91301)
For more information, including a list of agencies, visit MalibuCity.org/DRC.
Alerts and Notifications
Information about rebuilding following the fire: MalibuCity.org/Rebuild
Sign up for non-emergency Woolsey Fire e-notifications: MalibuCity.org/WoolseyAlerts
Sign up for emergency, traffic, utility, and weather alerts: MalibuCity.org/News
Sign up for Disaster Notifications (used for evacuations): MalibuCity.org/DisasterNotifications