Sidewalk Vending 

On November 25, 2019, the City Council adopted an ordinance allowing street vending within the City’s right-of-way. In order to obtain an annual permit, the applicant will need to complete a Sidewalk Vendor permit application and provide the City with supporting documentation as required by Malibu Municipal Code Section 5.60.

General Encroachment and Excavation Permits

An Encroachment Permit is required for use of the public right of way.

An Encroachment Permit for Special Events on public property may be required for events such as surf contests, parades, etc.

Transportation Permits

All completed Transportation Permit applications shall be submitted to the Public Works general email account:

Caltrans Guidelines for PCH

Pacific Coast Hwy (PCH) is a State highway under the management and jurisdiction of the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans). Permits for construction or other activity along PCH may be required. View the Caltrans Lane Closure Guidelines for Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.